After now having finished arguably one of the worst weeks in memory, the real test for my new system was conducted. It was not quite so cut and dry this run, but I think now that the dust has settled I can better reflect upon how things have panned out.
I think I am a stronger and a better person than I was previously. Letting go of some things really assisted in that process, but I think another component of that is simple evolution. People grow up and move on. Consequently they do this at a different pace, so incompatibilities arise.
I know this is probably making little sense so I think I will succumb to a bullet list to wrap-up some loose ends.
- Work is work and personal is personal. I have always believed this but sometimes it is good for people to take their own advice. In this case, everything worked out because the participants were adults.
- I really like my job and the company I work for right now. I think there is limitless potential for me here and am excited about the possibilities that exist therein.
- I got a bonus check with my normal salary Friday. I was not eligible for the bonus but my manager wanted me to receive one as a thank you for all my work so far.
- As much as you think you may have been hurt, you have no idea how much more you hurt me. I am not going to apologise if that is what you are waiting for because I did nothing wrong. If you would like to mend things I am open to it, but the ball is in your court.
- I am relieved to have taken a sabbatical from the scene and dating in general. This policy will continue indefinitely.
- That said, I wish this Thunderbird would come and "rescue" me.
- I have pretty solid plans to start an active work-out regimen with my best friend Erik who is returning to Orlando from Tallahassee where he has lived since after high school. I am tried of not being happy with my body and am going to do something about it.
- I am going to start playing Billiards again regularly. I want to get my game back to where it was previously and then advance it more. I think might purchase a cue. I like the idea of tournament play. I would also like to learn Poker and perhaps arrange a regular Poker night. I already have a few interested parties.
- I am happy.